• Premium quality Domestic Illex Squid (Illex illecebrosus)
• Fully cleaned – no head meat or wing meat
• 100% net weight
• Consistent and accurate tube sizing
• Tubes lined up in rows, allowing the operator to cut rings
• Tubes and tentacles packed side by side for easy separation
• Lund’s Sea Legend Label
• Wild-caught - Product of USA
|L00561||Domestic Calamari, Rings & Tentacles, Block Frozen, Fully Cleaned, Illex, USA||4/ 2.5 lb|
|L00560||Domestic Calamari, Rings Only, Block Frozen, Fully Cleaned, Illex, USA||4/ 2.5 lb|
|L00559||Domestic Calamari, Tubes & Tentacles, Block Frozen, Fully Cleaned, Illex, USA||4/ 2.5 lb|
|L00565||Domestic Calamari, Tubes Only, Block Frozen, Fully Cleaned, Illex, USA||4/ 2.5 lb|
Before cooking, try marinating the calamari in butter milk or evaporated milk for a few hours. The natural enzymes found in milk will help tenderize the calamari. Avoid overcooking as the calamari can become tough. Freshly breaded calamari needs only 45 seconds to cook at 350° F in a deep fryer.The same is true when sautéing.
Our Domestic Illex is sourced from a fishery that has been independently certified to the Marine Stewardship Council’s standards for a well-managed and sustainable fishery.