• All natural Chilean Mussels (Mytilus chilensis)
• Premium quality
• Sand free and de-bearded
• Rope cultured
• Year-round availability, stable pricing
• 100% yield – no wasted product, no gapers
• Competitively priced compared to fresh mussels
• Easy to prepare, just reheat from the frozen state
• Farm-raised - Product of Chile
|5023||Mussels, In Shell, 23-29 ct/lb, Fully Cooked, Vacpack Frozen, Chile||10/ 1 lb|
|5035||Mussels, Half Shell, 35-45 ct/lb, Fully Cooked, IQF, Chile||2/ 5 lb|
Vacuum packed mussels are easy to use and delicious! The live mussels are cleaned, graded and vacuum packed. Next, the mussels are cooked inside the bag then quick frozen. All the natural juice is retained in the bag with the mussels.
Simply reheat the mussels directly from the frozen state. Boil or steam inside the bag, or steam or sauté out of the bag. Reheat mussels for approximately 8-10 minutes and they will open just as if they had been prepared from the fresh state.
Farm-raised Chilean Mussels are rated as a ‘Best Choice’ for sustainable seafood by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch due to their well managed production process and their low impact on surrounding ecosystems.